Each year, the Cincinnati State AAUP Chapter awards a scholarship to a current Cincinnati State student who has demonstrated academic excellence while pursuing his or her associate’s degree. Starting in 2017, the Chapter plans to award two scholarships, of $1,000 each.
One scholarship is named in honor of Ken Stoll, a graduate of the College whose career included serving as a faculty member, academic administrator, and as an AAUP officer and bargaining team member.
The other scholarship is named in memory of John Battistone, a faculty member who was a long-time leader of the Chapter, serving as Chapter Contract Compliance Officer and Chief Negotiator for many years.
The full set of Application materials is in the Library section of this website.
Applicants must return required materials by March 1, 2017. Criteria for the AAUP scholarship include:
- Fully-admitted, degree-seeking status
- Completed at least 16 credit hours toward the degree in classes taken at Cincinnati State
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher (as of the end of Fall semester 2016)
- Not received a Cincinnati State AAUP Scholarship in the past
- Not a dependent of a Cincinnati State employee
- For the Battistone scholarship, preference is given to a qualified student who also has a labor union affiliation (self or family member). Union affiliation is not required to receive an AAUP scholarship.
A committee of AAUP members reviews applications and selects the recipient. The scholarship funds are deposited in a Cincinnati State financial aid account, in accordance with Cincinnati State Foundation guidelines. Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, fees, and books.
Questions about the AAUP Scholarship can be sent to the Committee Chair, Darlene Gray (email@example.com).