Each year, the Cincinnati State AAUP Chapter awards the Ken Stoll AAUP Scholarship ($2,000) to a current Cincinnati State student who has demonstrated academic excellence while pursuing his or her associate’s degree.
The full set of Application materials is in the Library section of this website.
Applicants must return required materials by Feb. 19. Criteria for the AAUP scholarship include:
- Fully-admitted, degree-seeking status
- Completed at least 16 credit hours toward the degree in classes taken at Cincinnati State
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher (as of the end of Fall semester 2015)
- Not received a Cincinnati State AAUP Scholarship in the past
- Not a dependent of a Cincinnati State employee
- Preference is given to a qualified student who also has a labor union affiliation (self or family member) but union affiliation is not required to receive the scholarship.
A committee of AAUP members reviews applications and selects the recipient. The scholarship funds are deposited in a Cincinnati State financial aid account, in accordance with Cincinnati State Foundation guidelines. Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, fees, and books.
The scholarship is named for Ken Stoll, a graduate of the College whose career included serving as a faculty member, academic administrator, and as an AAUP officer and bargaining team member.
Questions about the AAUP Scholarship can be sent to the Committee Chair, Darlene Gray (email@example.com).